Sunday, August 10, 2014

Life Saver

Several weeks ago I developed an intense fear that something bad was going to happen to Ruthie while she was sleeping. So intense that I would check on her numerous times during the night, which obviously interfered with my already inconsistent sleep schedule. I couldn't get any rest. I stressed when she wouldn't go to sleep and then I would get anxious once she was finally asleep.

After 2 particularly difficult nights which resulted in me inadvertently waking Ruthie up numerous times during the night, Wade decided enough was enough! (and I agreed, but I couldn't help myself) One evening Wade surprised me with a video monitor! It was THE BEST surprise. If you had asked me what I thought about video monitors before I had a baby I would have said they were a complete waste of money, but now I will tell you it has made all the difference. Now, I still the monitor several times, but it doesn't disturb her and I am able to rest a little better if I can just glance at it and make sure she is still breathing. Wade is the best!






1 comment: